I need a forever home for my Silver Appleyard drake.

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by indianrunner7, Feb 4, 2014.

1. indianrunner7

indianrunner7 New Egg

Sep 8, 2013
    ~~I have 4 ducks. My problem is I have 3 drakes and one hen. :/ They all got along fine until a month ago. My black Indian runner drake and my Ancona drake still get along just fine. However the Silver Appleyard drake fights and even took a chunk out of the Ancona. (he is healed and is OK now) It is winter, and I do have a heated shed but now I have to keep the Silver Appleyard separate from the other 3 ducks. He is beautiful but he simply will NOT quit fighting the other 2 drakes. I want to find him a good home. A home where he will be safe but where he has hens. Someone told me to get more hens. Unfortunately, I cannot do that. I do not have the room. I really like my ducks but not the fighting. Can anyone tell me how to find a home for my Silver Appleyard drake. His name is Blue Nites... I hate to advertise on craigslist, I am afraid he will be eaten or abused. He was March "baby", so he is 11 months old. Thanks to anyone for the help... I tried to post a pick but it would not post...:( There is a summer picture of my duck in my Avatar. Blue is the duck on the far left...(I think he is beautiful)...
    I am in Indiana and will certainly wait until Spring to make this move for him...
  2. rottiesrme51

rottiesrme51 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    do you still have your baby duck, where in indiana do you live?
  3. Hi

I don't see a reply yet ...
    I'm in Indiana also -- I would be happy to help you out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by