I need a good cookie recipe "take a look"

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by smom1976, Dec 1, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I need a cookie recipe to take over to a friends house on tuesday evening. We will be making the dough during the day and then I will take the dough over to cook when we get together on tuesday evening.

does anyone have a wonderful cookie recipe? I would like to try something a little different .. maybe. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG] I will look in the christmas cookie thread.. [​IMG]

3. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    You might try a peanut butter cookie dough. Use paper liners for small muffin pans. Roll dough into small balls to put in muffin pans then put a Hershey kiss in each one. My grandchildren love to assemble them from the dough I have prepared in advance. I think the cookie thread has a recipe.
    There is also a recipe I've used off the internet for peanut butter cookies that have no flour. I think it is 1c sugar, 1 c peanut butter, 1 egg. They taste like the real deal. (sorry I don't have the recipe but your event will be over before I could find mine)

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Hey! Does it have to be a rolled recipe? Those 7 layer bars are divine! [​IMG]

Also, a granola type cookie with oatmeal and nuts and fruit are always good! [​IMG] Try the cranberry and pecan with white chocolate chips! [​IMG]

Shelly

5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    These are the best cookies I've ever had. It isn't necessary to use the Kerrygold, but make sure the butter you use is salted. This is a great recipe to use any double yolkers you have.
    [​IMG]

From Gourmet magazine, Elinor Klivans' Slice and Bake Butter Cookies

Makes 36 cookies

2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 (8 oz) package salted Kerrygold butter, at room temperature
    2/3 c. granulated sugar
    2 large egg yolks
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 large egg white
    1/3 c. granulated sugar or course sugar crystals for rolling the cookie log
    Pecan halves or walnut halves for garnish

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside. Beat together butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg yolks and vanilla, and beat until combined. Divide dough into two equal pieces. Using a sheet of plastic wrap as an aid, form each piece into a log about 1 1/2 in. in diameter and 7 1/2 in. long. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until very firm, at least one hour or overnight. Or freeze, for up to 1 month. (Defrost in refrigerator before slicing and baking.)
    Put oven rack in middle of oven and preheat to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat egg white with a fork until foamy. Brush egg white over long sides of logs, but not ends. Sprinkle sugar on a piece of wax or parchment paper and press logs into sugar, coating well. Cut each log into 1/4 in. slices. Arrange cookies about 1 in. apart on lined baking sheets. Press nut half into each cookie before baking, if desired. Bake one sheet at a time until cookie edges and bottoms are light brown, about 18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature for up to three days.

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I like a sugar cookie or chocolate chip cookie dough, both are versatile and can add other things too or different toppings or icings

7. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:oh those look sooo good..

8. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    so I am cooking those very cookies in the oven right now... the dough .( yes I ate the dough) was sooooooo good.. if the cookies are anything like those .. I am in for at least another inch.. [​IMG]

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I made some "Cranberry Noels" on Saturday morning that are also rolled log type cookies. From now on, I'm going to roll the logs in coarse sugar before slicing like your recipe says. It's a great look!

10. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just cooked those cookies. I didnt have parchment paper so I sprayed the cookie sheet.. and not realizing my baking powder was bad they didnt rise at all and they are all stuck to the pan..

This is why I love cookies then I hate them too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by