I need a home for a very special White Chinese Gander - Northern California

ERBryson

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 4, 2013
"Marwyn" is my darling, he has been the best kept goose in America for all of his 15 years.
I raised him from a week old gosling and he will turn 15 this July.
He is a white chinese gander and has known nothing but the best of care and I am his mother goose.
Sadly I am buying the farm up here in the hills, and moving back within city limits and into a shared housing arrangement after years of living alone in my little Walden Pond zone.

Marwyns' companion will be euthanized soon for a crippling leg condition and he desperately needs a new girlfriend or 3, as well as another very special person who will give him the home he deserves for the remainder of his life, which could possibly be another 5, 7, or even 10 years.

To adopt Marwyn you absolutely, positively HAVE to be willing and able to provide:

1.A female companion goose, or several females.
2. A safe and roomy enclosure with secure night time housing. Barn or other well built and ventilated shelter with a locking door and pine shavings for bedding. No just tossing him out on a pond or pasture!
3. Knowledge of waterfowl or willing to learn.
4. NO DOGS on the property...he is terrified of dogs and most dogs cannot resist chasing or mauling waterfowl and poultry. Cats, horses,sheep, and goats are fine.
5. A willingness to remain in contact with me and share updates. Maybe even visitation rights?
6.MUST have a nice swimming pool that is changed daily in the hot weather, and flushed and topped off daily in cooler weather, with weekly dump and scrub. No swimming in muddy poo water, no,no,no!
7. Daily feed consisting of poultry lay crumbles, mixed with scratch grains. A 60/40 ratio of cracked corn to crumbles.
8. Fresh grass, leaf lettuces,dandelion greens and 10,000 grain bread treats.
9. No small children, not a good blend.
10. Someone willing to spend time with him and work on bonding.
11. Can not, nor should not, be kept with chickens.

Marwyn knows many words and needs someone willing to speak with him and use familiar phrases to ease his transition.
He cannot be kept alone.

If you can meet these stringent requirements I would love to hear from you!
I will choose euthanasia over an unsavory future for this incredible and beautiful guy.
His retirement years must be of a sanctuary quality.

***I am currently living in Placerville, CA (less than an hour from Sacramento). I do not want to ship him, but for the right person, I may be willing to meet half-way. Ultimately, I'd love to find someone fairly close though (Northern California).***

(Marwyn won Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary's Most Photogenic 2012 for this picture.)

Aw, I love the love you have for Marwyn. He is beautiful and just praying your find the perfect farm for him. You are an amazing mother!

What a BEAUTIFUL goose! I really do hope you find the perfect home for this gorgeous baby. :)

Do you diaper him when he is in the house?
I found a website once of a lady who makes diapers as her birds are interior birds.

Thanks so much for the compliments guys! I know, he is quite the amazing goose. I'm so sad about this, it breaks my heart. I hope he can find a good home too!
And no, never any diapers. Haha. He usually isn't in the house long enough for any accidents to happen. :)

I'm happy to update that today Marwyn found an amazing home, as well as his mate (with the crippled leg)! I am so sad to see them go but I take comfort in knowing they will both be cared for and loved. I'm so glad they get to remain together as well. Their new home is perfect, I couldn't have wished for a better arrangement. :)

Back
Top Bottom