I need a hope and prayer chain.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ericasl, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    This may sound like a selfish but, I need all of you wonderful folks here on BYC to put out a good word to the wonderful lord above for my family. I know you are should not pray for things for yourself but we really need this one. My family really wants to move back to my home state of Washington my DH had applied for 2 jobs one at the Portland AirPort and one in Spokane Wa. My Dh has been in the Nantional Guard and active duty Army for 22 years. He has been to Iraq twice and they are talking about sending him back. The job he has here in Idaho he has to be in the Guard so we need a new job so he can retire. Please just keep us in your prayers that we get a new job and can move to be close to family, and we do not have to say good bye to our Dad and my wonderful DH for 18 more months.
    Thanks Erica

PS The jobs he put in for closed today!! So we should not have to wait to long to hear something I hope.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I will sure be praying for you. My husband was in the Army for 21 years and now is retired. He also went to Iraq and I am so glad we don't have to worry about him leaving again. It is so hard. Do you know how long it might be before you hear something from these jobs?
    Chris

3. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    It is not selfish to ask for prayer for yourself and your family !!!! Power is in Prayer and the more it is prayed the more powerful it is. I will pray for your family and I will pass the request along . Livia

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dear Lord,
    I pray for Erica and her family right now. Please give them the desires of their hearts Lord, please let her husband get a new job so he can retire! We thank you in advance for your answered prayers! In Jesus name Amen.

Good luck Erica! I will keep you in my prayers!!!

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I second that. [​IMG]

6. Homegroanacres

Homegroanacres Chillin w/the Ice in my Glass

Apr 10, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    Harley's girl :

Dear Lord,
    I pray for Erica and her family right now. Please give them the desires of their hearts Lord, please let her husband get a new job so he can retire! We thank you in advance for your answered prayers! In Jesus name Amen.

Good luck Erica! I will keep you in my prayers!!!

Ok now you have gone and done it!! [​IMG] I guess I was unprepared
    for that post. [​IMG] Ya put a tear in my eye and thats a really had thing
    to do!

I will add mine to the others..

For me luck plays no part when God is in control. [​IMG]

John [​IMG]

7. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Prayers sent!

8. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    I know you are should not pray for things for yourself but we really need this one.

Please don't take this wrong. This is not meant to attack you or scold you in any way, but That is simply not true. You have as much right to pray for yourself as you do others, if not more in a way, b/c when we experience freedom in Christ, then we model freedom in Christ for others, and it becomes real life . Scripture says(paraphrasing), Ask, and you will receive according to his will. If we are not supposed to pray for ourselves, he wouldnt give us permission. Praying for your family

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  9. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    **Never be ashamed to ask for prayers......the phrase, "Strength in numbers" applies to knee-mail, too![​IMG]
    Bless you and your family for wanting your man at home with you after you ALL have served 2 tours for this country. The word 'selfish' never crossed my mind when I read this post!!!
    [​IMG] Fingers crossed for the perfect job [​IMG]

Lord,
    We know that your plan for Erica and her family is much bigger than we could ever imagine. We put our faith in you that whatever that plan is, Erica and her family will be drawn closer to you, Lord.
    Please bless them, and hold yourself close to them in this time of anxiety, offering a peace only you can give.
    AMEN!~

10. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Thank you all for your wonderful words and prayers, I sit here crying for all the wonderful prayers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by