I need a little help. I am new to broodys and babys! MORE PICS OF BABY

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chicken Girl, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Ok so my broody hatched out 2 out of 6. So i am going to wait a day or two till i know for sure if they are going to hatch. Its mine and her first hatch ever. So when do i move them out of the nesting box? Here are som pics! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I want to put chicken wier around the botem of the nesting boxes so they can grow with the other chickens but not have direct contact. (spelling) Under my nesting boxes:[​IMG] bad pic of them. LOL but if i rap chicken stuff aroung that will that be ok? Thanks!

Chicken Girl

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Hello? [​IMG]

3. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    I'm by no means an expert but is it possible to make another brooder box like the one in the corner with the heat lamps? Or possibly use that? Or is the plan to keep them with mom? I have mine with mom but she has a coop to herself, but the next mom that is sitting on eggs, I think we are going to put her in the garage in a big brooder area w/a lamp with her babies. I dunno...I'm too new...I am used to pheasants! LOL! cute babies btw![​IMG]

4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    I am new just checking for answers myself for future referances. I like the set up of your coop.

5. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    I'm a newbie myself, so no advice but just wanted to say 'that is an adorable pic of the baby peeking out from under Mom.

6. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    I would wait a day or new for them to dry off.

7. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am pritty sure they are dry! So do i move them at night? So what happens if the mom dont want to be in the new broody house? I am going to make a chicken tractor but ceep it in the coop with a door on the top. It will be 5 feet long 3 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide. It should be big for them for a wile. I have like 4 or 5 chicks now! Got some better pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chicken Girl

8. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Those chicks are adorable.

9. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thanks!

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

She will stay with the eggs and chicks where ever she is. I would suggest moving her for the safety of the chicks. I moved mine after the first one hatched and all went really well. CONGRATS!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by