I NEED A NAME

JoJo 95

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
I plan on starting a small poultry business selling eggs,meat,young chicks,and old unproductive birds as pets. Can anyone give me a name?

What breeds will you be selling?
Where are you located (DONT be exact)
smile.png
?

This may help with names...

Good Luck!
Jason

Idk what breeds i am selling other than Cornish, Cochin, Orpingtons, Polish, maybe Serama, Japanese,and a few others. I also plan on making my own hybrid(dont know how easy this would be for a person my age as i dont take genetics for another two years in school and i dont have alot of resources.)Im located in Louisiana. I will ship chicks or older birds anywher in the U.S. but until I can afford it I will only send meat and eggs to louisiana,Texas, Okhlahoma, etc.

What kind of hybrid are you going to make?

How are you shipping? Post office?

Do small business owners ship meat? <---I dont know...

First, I wouldnt get into too many breeds. Hard to keep up the quality, and have so many breeding pens..

I would put Cajun/Creole in the name maybe? Something that says where you are....
That makes me think of Louisana...

Like my name is Bluegrass, and people guess Im in KY...

i dk kno exactly what hybrid im making but i wanna make a fast growing dual purpose chicken. i neee to look into shipping more. and idk how creole would fit into a name. im not very good with names.

Quote:
creole kid gave me an idea. my friends used to call chicken boy. How does CHICKENBOY'S POULTRY PLANET SOUND?

Quote:
Think about how you're farm looks, What's around it? What could possibly make it special? Do you want, farm or hatchery? Look around online and im sure you can find everything you need on genetics, and probably even more then they will teach you in-school.. Google.com is you're friend
wink.png

ETA:If you're going to sell them for cash etc, You should make a website (or get someone to make one for you, depending on if you're good at it or not, Though you may be like me and just do it by yourself and learn on your own (Though i had some help and learnt from them as well).

-Daniel

PS... By the way, if you're going to make a actual business you will probably need a permit license to do it legally.. But just selling here and there should be fine i think... And you should also have your birds tested for all kinds of diseases.

Last edited:
THERE'S NOTHING SPECIAL BOUT IT OTHER THEN ITS BY A SMALL CANAL. ?
hmm.png
HUMH

Thought of another LA thing..
Bayou Birds
Bayou Birds Hatchery and Poultry supply..kinda thing...you can add to it!
or something like that..?

No offense meant, but, CHICKENBOY'S POULTRY PLANET sounds more like a video game or fast food or something. People who are going to give you money want security in feeling that you are serious about what you do.... That's how I feel anyway!! Good luck!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom