I need a new phone. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Dec 3, 2010.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have AT&T service. My current phone only works as a phone. I'm going overseas in January and need something that will do internet and text and whatnot as well. Some sort of Smartphone. Can anyone recommend something that is user friendly, sturdy and relatively inexpensive?

2. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    well the iphone fits 2 of the 3 categories... haha.... you cant go wrong with an iphone... i have one and both my parents have one. it has excellent apps its fast and is just an all around good phone.... it just isnt very cheap....

3. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    iPhone. It's not the cheapest smartphone but it's worth it.

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:x2. Really, they are just as cheap (sometimes cheaper) than other smartphones with a data plan. The plan is what gets you, but you would be getting the plan anyways, so might as well get a nice phone! [​IMG] I can justify $200 for one, and I don't like spending money! [​IMG]

5. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    I just got the new Samsung Focus, which is the new Microsoft Windows Smartphone, and it is awesome. Can't recommend it enough!

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    So 75% of you think the iPhone is my best bet. [​IMG]

Any other thoughts?

7. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    The iphone is OLD NEWS. Apple is beginning to slip, they've done nothing innovative at ALL with the iphone 4.

I recently switched over to the Android Platform, phones run on Google software. I have the Evo 4G through Sprint.

IT IS AMAZING!

I won't ever go back to a "regular" phone. The Evo is fantastic, it's a little pricey but to me it's worth it. There are lots of Android phones now, through several carriers. The iphone is still bound only to AT&T.

8. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Apple is lacking a little bit, but I think it will pick up. Their update cycle is landing soon, which is going to have a massive new CDMA iPhone, which I hope catches on.

They were falling behind with computers in PC vs. Mac years ago, but they are still here! [​IMG]

9. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:Apple is lacking a little bit, but I think it will pick up. Their update cycle is landing soon, which is going to have a massive new CDMA iPhone, which I hope catches on.

They were falling behind with computers in PC vs. Mac years ago, but they are still here! [​IMG]

Eh. Google is taking over the market, IMO...

10. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan

Eh. Google is taking over the market, IMO...

Yes they are! [​IMG] I have an android phone and hate it with a passion. But it is Cupcake, so it is old. I love the Droid and Evo though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by