I need a picture of a California White Rooster?!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by SoccerMomof7, Apr 24, 2008.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I al trying to find a picture of a california white rooster. I have googled it and all and came up with nothing! What am I doing wrong? I have 3 California Whites "pullets" and I think one might be a rooster. I can find a picture to compare to. Anybody have one they can snap a pic of?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Have you looked at feathersite.com?

I just checked and there are some pix of them on there.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  3. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    All they show is the same picture of a california grey, and a california white pullet. [​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

There's a picture of a pullet and a chick if you keep scrolling down.

5. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I see the california gray "Grady" and the chick and pullet I am trying to find a California white rooster.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Could you post a picture?

7. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    I will later, but I am really trying to see what the roosters looks like and I can't find one anywhere. I just want to compare, I didn't think that it would be hard to find a picture. I thought it was a common breed when I purchased them. One is just so much bigger then the other two. BTW thanks for your help. [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Maybe it's because it's a sex linked bird that you're having trouble finding pictures? I don't know....

9. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    does that mean there are no roosters?

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

It doesn't mean that no roosters hatch, but since it's a mix of two breeds to get a good layer, the roosters all end up in the grocery store. Unless it's a backyard flock the roosters aren't used as breeding stock. It takes a California Grey roo and a white Leghorn hen to make a California White. At hatch the feathering is different so it's pretty easy to tell who's who.

Should have said down color at hatch since they don't have feathers!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by