1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need a recipe on cooking Quails...Please...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by CatCobb1983, Aug 5, 2008.

1. CatCobb1983

CatCobb1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Gates,TN
    I've just killed and cleaned 14 quails.This will be my first time trying quail so some one please give me a recipe...

Thanks soooooo much,
    Cat

2. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Hi Cat,
    We also raise quail for eating. My family's favorite is very easy and can be modified to your particular taste.

1 Family Size can of Campbells Mushroom soup
    approx 3 cups milk or water
    1 small can of mushrooms
    2 boxes Uncle Bens Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Wild Rice

Heat soup, milk or water and mushrooms until boiling, add quail. Bring back to boil. Lower heat and simmer for approx an hour. Cook rice according to instructions. When quail are very tender falling off the bone, serve over rice.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Our family loves garlic, so sometimes I add garlic alfredo sauce. Sometimes I even add a little more water and cook the rice in the mushroom soup. (I do this after the quail are done cooking and I remove the quail while the rice cooks, then put them back in when the rice is done.) I also sometimes add frozen peas.

Lisa [​IMG]

3. CatCobb1983

CatCobb1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Gates,TN
    Quote:Do you only cook the breast or the hole bird?Also how many quails for this recipe do i need? [​IMG] Thanks

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  4. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Hi Cat,
    We used to cook the whole bird, but there is just too many little bones! We cook just the breast, thighs and legs. We use around 6 - 8 birds for this recipe.

Lisa [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by