1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need a sustainability topic

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    You think it would be easy for me to choose a topic for my class, but there are so many it is difficult! I need a sustainability/agriculture topic for class to write a paper on and to present. I wanted to do something different but interesting. I really like animals, but I enjoy plants as well. I was thinking about possibly doing something on raising fish for food since I thought it is a very interesting topic, but I'm hoping you guys can help me with some more ideas! I don't want the subject to be too simple (I am a science major afterall, and my topics are usually pretty in depth!) but it needs to be something that would interest other students too.

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    go over to SS and search for Paul Wheaton . He posts about many sustainable projects. Maybe you could get some ideas from his links.

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Do you mean like raising catfish for food? I worked at a major universities aquaculture research facility for years and it's pretty neat what all goes into raising fish.
    http://msucares.com/aquaculture/index.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by