I need advice on assorted bantams are they for egg laying?

djwingo

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
Kellyville, Oklahoma
ok i am learning as my chicks grow lol and i need yet again more help: i have assorted bantams that are abt 5-6 weeks old are these good for egg laying and if not what are they good for? i know this sounds bad but i figured i should start out with the cheap ones in case i couldnt do it but i can and i love them !!! its a great hobby and learning experience for my son too!

ok another question what shall i feed them? i just took them of the chick started and as far as treats? bugs? mashed eggs? and what else can i give them i herd someone say a clump of dirt or sand for grit?

i also bought 2 but i died
sad.png
easter chicks the dyed type the man at feed store told me they were layer hens can i feed them all the same?

thanks so much for all y'alls help!!! i really appreciate it!!!

dj.....as far as bantams go, I hear they are great layers....of small eggs. At 5 or 6 weeks old, they still need the chick starter for a while....mine got it till about 12 weeks....then got starter finisher. They didnt go on the corn and layer pellets untill they were 5 months old.

Treats are good, just not so many they wont eat thier feed. Meal worms ( from the bait shop) lettuce, grass clippings..grapes...boiled eggs, ( no shells till they start laying tho) different types of melons...

sorry you lost one...and they "laying hen" How old is it? Same schedule as above.
Good luck with your chickens...they are so much fun!

Thanks great advice
smile.png
my layer hen is 2 weeks old today the dog had her too so i hope she makes it i think i caught it in time to save her no visible damage just a little shaken up poor lil thing
smile.png
guess i will be buying more starter feed now i will try to post pics of all of them in a little bit!!

Back
Top Bottom