i need advice on my buff sussex hen!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Roooisin, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Roooisin

Roooisin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    i have a buff sussex hen who is just over a year old. over the last week i have noticed that her bright red face, comb and wattles goes a very pale pink sometimes and then very quickly turns bright red again. she is eating, laying and behaving normally. is this normal or is there something wrong with her?

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Could be the heat, worms, mites.....

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Róóóisín :

i have a buff sussex hen who is just over a year old. over the last week i have noticed that her bright red face, comb and wattles goes a very pale pink sometimes and then very quickly turns bright red again. she is eating, laying and behaving normally. is this normal or is there something wrong with her?

Since she's eating, drinking and laying normally...I wouldnt worry about it. Just in case, it wouldnt hurt to visually inspect her for lice/mites.​

4. Roooisin

Roooisin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    Quote:Since she's eating, drinking and laying normally...I wouldnt worry about it. Just in case, it wouldnt hurt to visually inspect her for lice/mites.

Thanks for your help.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by