I need all of you expierenced duck people to answer a question for me?

thechickenguy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
woodsfield ohio 43793
I took all of these pictures on 7/1/10.I know there not the best pictures but,this is all I could get away with.They've still got all their fluff.But you can see little bits of quills starting to come in.I'm leaving for my dads in 5-7 days from today, and leaving the ducks behind and my mom and step-grandparents are going to be taking care of them for me.I'm expected to get back from my dads sometime around late July,early August and I was wondering if I should expect them to be feathered out completly by the time I get back.BTW the yellow one is I think around a week or so younger than the others.The friend that I got them off of hasnt emailed me back yet so I can't tell all of you when they hatched.Anyway here's the pictures:

Picture063.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture059.jpg

And also what color do you think they will feather out to be!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
They should be fully feathered by then. Their feathers will be the same color as their fluff!
lol.png
Well, the yellow ones will feather in white, but you get the idea.

Oh yeah, they'll look exactly like adults when you get back (so say good-bye to your babies). Ducklings grow up sooooooo fast.

What a fun variety you have!

Quote:
so then the one in the last picture will turn out silverish?
what about the one in the 3rd pic?silverish also?
and let me see if i get this one right.....the black one will feather in black except were hes got yellow fluff then that will be white.?
and when do they start quacking and getting the drake feather.
im thechickenguy.other then chickens this is all new to me! :)
wink.png

Quote:
i was really actually hoping they would be fethered out by then.i cant wait to get back.its going to be a big suprise.
im realy anxious to see what the one in the 3rd pic is going to look like.it looks like a mallard in a way but its silver instead of brown.
thechickenguy.

The females generally start quacking (mixed in with peeps) at about five or six weeks. Males slowly get a bit of a honky quack a little later?

Re: color -- yours are pretty cool. It looks as if there is some wild type, striping?, around the eyes on some and so I'm not sure it's that clear yet exactly what they will look like. You'll have to share before and after pics when you back! It is pretty interesting to see how the colors develop. But, yes, generally the yellow spot turns to a white patch on the adult duck.

Your ducks are lovely, your 3rd one will end up like the pic that follows. I think as mine looked very similar to that when it was tiny
big_smile.png

61403_004_-_copy.jpg

Yours may have more blue on than mine has though, but should look similar
smile.png

Ahh thanks she is lovely.... well im sure she is a she cos she quacks..... ALOT lol, there nearly 7 weeks old now, this was took about a week ago.... I must do a thread and get people to post lots of pics of their runner ducks and ducklings, cos I cant get enough of them lol
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom