I need an incubator

I'm with you on the $ they can get pretty pricey. Looking at lots of options. Hope we can get some good ideas. Some people have different ideas on little $ though.

IF you are just a little-bit "handy", you could make your own ......based upon the info available here.......many different "home-made incubator" designs available here on BYC. (Personally, I would also spend the MONEY for a "factory" egg-turner and put THAT in a home-made incubator)....you'll save enough money doing this to buy some chicks froma hatchery....OR Eggs.

just my 2 pesos worth.........
smile.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:
ep.gif
th.gif
WOW!! Your idea of little money and mine are completely different!
lol.png

A couple of questions for you: Do you live in a rural area with lots of farms, or are you more suburban? If you're out in the country, check some of the little local want ads papers for used incubators. We got ours at a local charity auction a few years ago on silent bid. I'm still surprised, being in a very rural setting, that nobody else bid on it.

A brand new, still in the box Little Giant, with the auto turner and I got the whole thing for my opening bid of $5.00. The box was a little bit beat up, so I don't know but what most folks thought it was a used unit. The price tag on the box was $40.00 and it looked like a fairly old tag.

Now days, I think you can pick up a nice new LG for under $75, complete with the egg turner. The fan might be a bit more yet. To the best of my knowledge, on the LG's both turner and fan are optional.

Check Ebay, Craig's List and your local news paper's online classifieds. And keep watching for auctions! It's a great way to get a lot of farm stuff real cheap on the right day! Just don't get caught up in the excitement of bidding, or you could find yourself paying way too much! .

Quote:
ep.gif
th.gif
WOW!! Your idea of little money and mine are completely different!
lol.png

A couple of questions for you: Do you live in a rural area with lots of farms, or are you more suburban? If you're out in the country, check some of the little local want ads papers for used incubators. We got ours at a local charity auction a few years ago on silent bid. I'm still surprised, being in a very rural setting, that nobody else bid on it.

A brand new, still in the box Little Giant, with the auto turner and I got the whole thing for my opening bid of $5.00. The box was a little bit beat up, so I don't know but what most folks thought it was a used unit. The price tag on the box was $40.00 and it looked like a fairly old tag.

Now days, I think you can pick up a nice new LG for under $75, complete with the egg turner. The fan might be a bit more yet. To the best of my knowledge, on the LG's both turner and fan are optional.

Check Ebay, Craig's List and your local news paper's online classifieds. And keep watching for auctions! It's a great way to get a lot of farm stuff real cheap on the right day! Just don't get caught up in the excitement of bidding, or you could find yourself paying way too much! .

Yeah thats different than my idea too.
smile.png
I'm still looking but leaning toward a hovabator. The thing that gets the price up is that fan and turner so we will see. I've been checking on ebay and craigslist though.

Back
Top Bottom