1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need Chickens!!(oregon)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bungaree chickens, May 8, 2008.

1. bungaree chickens

bungaree chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    corvallis, Or.
    I just built my chicken tractor, and I really need chickens! The city does not allow roosters at all so I need to be sure I don't even have to deal with getting them to someone else (my husband is supportive, but not really a chicken man, so I need things to go smoothly). So, does that rule out ordering chicks? I am running into a problem with ordering that I can't have 25, and that is generally the minimum.

I want/need 6 pullets/hens. I am looking for :Ameraucana and RI Reds, Plymouth Rock or Wyandotte (or better yet all of the above!!!). Does anyone have them that I could pick up?? Or if you would ship them to me, email me!! Even if you live in the area and have any info.

I live in Corvallis Oregon. But, I will pick them up from up to 2 hours away if you want to sell them to me!!!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Corvallis eh, try the feed store by the train tracks. I forget it's name but they do gather together orders and make them when they get enough interest. I visited the feed store when I visitied the city! LOL.

Welcome!!!

Oh, I goggle mapped it:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...732,-123.296299&spn=0.080845,0.10746&t=h&z=13

Densons feed

Else you can try ordering the minimum dollar amount from Ideal or another hatchery. 8 chicks should meet min dollar amount.

The larger number is often due to heat issues as they can chill easily and so you'll probably have to get insurance for them if you don't want extra shipped.

Best of luck!

3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    If I could sex the chicks that I hatch I could help you out!
    But I am not able to do that...grrrrr....

I hope you find somewhere!
    you are so close too! LOL! [​IMG]

4. skennedy

skennedy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:I am about to start incubating some eggs for other people. Do you want me to put some Rhode Island Reds in there? PM me.

5. bungaree chickens

May 7, 2008
    corvallis, Or.
    Quote:Thanks!
    I just called them, they are done in April :mad: I will just keep looking, I guess. thanks a ton for your help though, I will go there next year with time!!

6. WrenAli

WrenAli Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Lebanon, OR
    Hey, I'm in Lebanon and hoping to order some day olds from Shanks Hatchery up in Hubbard. I would be more than willing to "share" an order with you.

I just e-mailed them a while ago asking if they are still hatching chicks for the year.

Cheers,
    Ali

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Shanks changed hands and last I heard they are only doing meat birds.

Send me a PM or email and I will put you in touch with a friend in Oregon City who has chicks and possibly started pullets.

8. WrenAli

WrenAli Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Lebanon, OR
    Just got an e-mail back.. *wow that was quick, considering no one answered when I called*

They will have some Barred Rocks available next week. I think I will be driving up to pick up some Cornish X from them. Let me know if you want me to pick some up for you.

I can brood them for you too if you want. PM me if you want to work something out.

Next hatch after this is June 18th.

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I just saw ont heir site they have regular chicks now! That's great!

10. bungaree chickens

May 7, 2008
    corvallis, Or.
    Quote:Yeah, I just called after I saw your comment. I am interested. I think at this point I would be completely happy with all barred rock's...they are beautiful birds! I still would like an ameracuana...but next year!

Uhm, I would be willing to go up there too. When do you think you are heading up? I am completely new so I am not sure what you mean when you say that you will "brood them" for me. I am guessing it is something cool, but I have no idea. [​IMG]

did you know we just moved from Lebanon, I love it there...but my husband's job is here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by