I need county fair alpaca costume ideas!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Picklestix7866, May 10, 2009.

1. Picklestix7866

Picklestix7866 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    Hi! I'm showing alpacas for 4H and there is a costume class. I need costume ideas to dress up my alpaca and me. What do you think?
    PS... He's brown. [​IMG]

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

If you have an agreeable Alpaca that is a girl, what about a circus theme with a pretty headdress? I doubt your alpaca will let you put a hat on it, unless its really been humanized, but if you could dress up her/his halter and lead to match your outfit, it would be so cute. Be sure to take pics when you are done, and let us see!!! I have Alpacas, but haven't had them long enough to get into the showing or 4-H projects yet.

3. Picklestix7866

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    Well, he's a he. lol. And he has not been super socialized yet. That's what I'm doing this summer. I'm leasing him. This is my last year in 4h so I want it to be awesome. What about Elvis or something? Or disco? Just because of the poof (AKA Afro!) on his head. Suh-weet! lol.

Oh, and I have a big black quarter horse that needs a costume, but that will be a different thread unless you have ideas now.

4. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, I didn't see that it was male, but last year there was this girl who did an AWESOME Cleopatra like outfit. She did it with her alpaca, and it might have been male..
    This year, I'm dressing up as a goat, and I'll dress my goat up like me! Last year, we were pirates.
    Disco would be cool! umm...Cowboys are ever popular. You could do something to do with yarn, pretend to be knitting something off of him?

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    One year these girls at our county fair dressed their horses as cops and doughnuts. I believe that the girls actually dressed as the cops and they used large pool tubes painted like doughnuts which they hung around the horse's necks. Everybody LOVED their costumes! I'm sure you could do something similar with an alpaca!

Do you have to dress up to? When I did the fair, both the handler and the horse had to dress up.

6. Picklestix7866

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    I was thinking that since the obstacle course has a part where you have to be able to put sunglasses and a hat on him, I could just do a disco theme and sew up a pair of bell-bottom pants and just hang it off his butt with straps that go around his legs, and then somehow rig up a sweet shirt. Then just get him some disco glasses like "Disco Stew" from the Simpsons. lol. Then I could just dress up disco too.

7. Picklestix7866

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    Yep, we both have to dress up.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Dress your alpaca as a human, and you as an alpaca! [​IMG]

9. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I love the disco idea. Use the 3 s's: slick, shiny, and sequins!

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Disco would be cute and that would probably be easy too! I always went for easy costumes...especially since fair week was always so busy for me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by