I need dirt (no chemicals) for coop

Our city decomposes leaves and other organic matter they pick up from the curb then sells the compost for around $25 a cubic yard maybe more maybe less I cant remember. Maybe your city or a local nursery might help you. I usta work at a nursery and we could never fill a truck bed more than 50% of topsoil (weighs too much). We charged $40 a cubic yard and it consisted of 50% mushroom compost from a local mushroom farm.

How much do you think a truck load would cost?

It depends on the size of the truck, the soil you get and how much you actually purchase. What are you doing with it?

Also since our weather is so diverse in NC, you might want to put, western, central or eastern in your location profile. I'm 20 miles north of Charlotte, so I use that as my location. It gives people a better idea for weather related questions, when they are asked.

I would get tree trimming wood chips or untreated mulch and start a deep litter run. It works better than poop on dirt. Deep litter keeps flies to a minimum and pretty much odor free. Your chickens can scratch and dust bath in it also.

deep litter run.jpg

Chicks in run.jpg

Back
Top Bottom