I need duck help

vyper

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 1, 2014
Enola,PA.
A dog attacked one of my ducks 5 days ago. Her left hip and upper leg is swollen and she can't lift the leg ! There doesn't seem to be any break and she can stand on it but not lift it up ! Could it be out of socket ?

No change yet ! She still can't raise her leg . She can stand up from sitting position she can on it , just can't get that lifting and forward motion ? I can't fine any difference between the two when feeling them except for some swelling ! I'm stumped ???
Leg injuries take time to heal, she has had a traumatic injury so being able to stand is progress just be patient and keep up with the ES soaks if you've been doing them . and warm water therapy keeping the muscle strong will go along way in helping her recover. Just don't push her. One of these days she'll stand and take a step. Then more will come.Are you soaking her legs in ES? you can also do ES wraps too.

Oh and by the way I got the female ducklings for my male to calm him down a little with more choices but he is very
aggressive with them !
They are too small to be with the adult ducks. They need to be about the same size and slowly introducted. Use some kind of fence so that they can see each other for a while and then slowly do supervised visits.

Thelma and Louise having a good time ! The older two left ..lol

A dog attacked one of my ducks 5 days ago. Her left hip and upper leg is swollen and she can't lift the leg ! There doesn't seem to be any break and she can stand on it but not lift it up ! Could it be out of socket ?
It maybe I would advise a trip to the vet the longer it stays out the harder it will be to put back in especially with swelling. Sorry it's been so long before you got a reply how is your duck today?

Not good , still can't lift her leg ! There's no vet around here that would touch her ! I will just keep putting her in warm water see if I can carefully manipulate it myself ! Everybody says to put her down , I just can't do that ! She is only 6 months old !

Back
Top Bottom