I need egg cartons!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Oreo, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Oreo

Oreo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    South Carolina
    Ok, how do I find a reasonable source for egg cartons? Wherever I look they are $.25 or more each, and that is totally unacceptable. I can only sell eggs for $3-4 a dozen, and there's no margin in there for .25 cartons. To sell through my local farmer's market (they will give me $3 a dozen and mark them up from there) they require uniform cartons. They can be used, relabeled, but they must all be alike. I wonder if there is some place where I can buy a bunch of good used ones in bulk. I would pay ten cents apiece but not much more than that.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Try eggboxes. com - I found them to be very reasonable, and they offer "misprints" fairly cheaply.

3. eggseroneous

eggseroneous Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    South-Western PA
    I think the problem is, everyone is looking for good cheap egg cartons! I haven't found any for less than 25 cents apiece and that is used ones, all different kinds, and not all alike--on eBay. Then you have to pay for shipping too.
    I think that is wonderful that you are getting so much for your eggs! Around here, you're lucky to get $1.50 a dozen.

4. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Try your local landfill transfer station--they sort them out at the one in our county and give them away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by