I need feedback please.

mother hen to many!

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 3, 2008
Claypool, In
A friend of mine went to a food bank today to get help and they told her that the food banks were going dry. Another friend of mine and I were talking about it and we are going to try to get our friends together and see if we can donate eggs to the food banks. I would say together we have about 150 girls. I have the least. But does this sound like a bad idea? I am afraid the pantry may laugh at our effort. Please help me decide wether or not to do it. I just dont want to see the kids of my community go without. Am I being to tender hearted or am I just kidding myself? I wanna help but dont know what to do.

A friend volunteers at a local food back here in Utah and says that people bring them eggs all the time.

Another thing that she has requested is 'cloth' grocery bags. We get this type of bag at conferences and such. She was thinking that if they are used at foodbanks it will also help those people thing about recycling. They also normally like to have regular plastic grocery bags donated.

You might only be able to help one family - depending on how many extra eggs show up - but at least that one family will now know how good fresh eggs taste.

I think that is a great idea!!!! However contact churches that have food giveaways, that way the eggs will go out as soon as they are delivered.... We have several in our area that do that.... We just don't have enough eggs to donate - 1 a day isn't gonna cut it.

I know. I am only getting 3 or 4 a day. But my friend has eggs coming out her ears!!! She said he girls havent slowed down at all. But then she has too many birds to count. Thanks. There is a church here that has a food bank. I think I will go talk to the pastor Friday. I wanna talk to the other friends first and see if the wanna help for sure. Thank you so much.

mother hen to many! :

A friend of mine went to a food bank today to get help and they told her that the food banks were going dry. Another friend of mine and I were talking about it and we are going to try to get our friends together and see if we can donate eggs to the food banks. I would say together we have about 150 girls. I have the least. But does this sound like a bad idea? I am afraid the pantry may laugh at our effort. Please help me decide wether or not to do it. I just dont want to see the kids of my community go without. Am I being to tender hearted or am I just kidding myself? I wanna help but dont know what to do.

We have a church right down the road from our house which is also the local food shelf, I was just thinking about donating some eggs to them just the other day but haven't checked into it yet. I think its a great idea and im curious to see what you find out. Bless your heart
big_smile.png

its a great idea....BUT !!
hide.gif

when i tried to give eggs to my local food bank i was told no cause health canada had not inspected my hens or eggs.... BUT!!!
ya.gif
she took my name and phone number and what she did was when people come in she will ask them about eggs if they want any..if they say yes then she passes on my name and number..that way it is a transaction between 2 people not the agency....the people who have cars will come out (i am 2 minutes from town) and the people who do not have cars i will arrange a time where I am going to be in the city and we will meet and i will give them eggs....we have had many egg transactions in the walmart parking lot... lol

edited to add that this was a food bank ran by a government funded corp.,,,local food banks run by a church or community center may have different rules (and dont forget i am in Canada...the government like to inspect EVERYTHING..a lil overboard sometimes..)

Last edited by a moderator:
god bless your open heart..
most food banks need all the help they can get and would never turn down any donations.. even if it just ONE dozen.. it will go to help somebody

Back
Top Bottom