I need help although it's not a chicken... Please

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PAchickenlover, Jul 24, 2011.

1. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Ok so most of you know me from my battle to save my prescious(sp) Red. I have been having kittens just seem to disappear. Now I have 3 left out of 7 and one is sick guys. But I have no idea what it could be. She won't eat, Her tummy seemed like it was hurting her yesterday and it felt like her bowles were backed up. I am syringing vit/electrolytes in to her when I can. Any ideas on how to unclog a kittens bowles?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Mollie

2. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    Sounds like worms to me. But if you want a laxative get hairball medicine.

3. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Can I put a drop of Ivermectin on her to kill any parasites that are on or in her? She is about 12 weeks old.

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Poor kitty. The hairball treatments at a store like walmart might help. It could be worms, too. Can you sequester the cat with its own litter box to make sure it is pooping so you know that it is not a complete obstruction. If it ends up looking like a complete obstruction, it is probably time to take the cat to the vet.

5. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
  6. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Wow that site was awsome. Loads of tips that I know I can use. Thank you for sharing that. [​IMG]

Mollie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by