I need help! Are these roos? *new pics added*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WVChickenFarmer, Aug 22, 2011.

1. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Ok, I was pretty sure they are. But now I'm not so sure. They are 3 months old. I thought maybe some one could help me. I have one I know that is 100% but I'm not going post pictures.
    I told my father in law would give him a rooster and pullet to start him out. He is wanting to raise chickens again. So I need make sure I'm giving him a pullet and rooster and not 2 pullets.

*sorry hope pictures are not to big*

Also, if this helps they have all started to get their wattles and combs when they was around 6-8 weeks old.

#1 (not sure on breed of this one either) I would kind of like to know what breed/s he might be.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

with a pullet the same age
    [​IMG]

#2 black australorp? I was told before on here, he was a black australorp roo, just wanted make sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3 now this one really has me confused. also these are about the best pics I could get. I can try again later on if you would like me to try and get better ones.
    [​IMG]

with a pullet same age
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. mommywoes

mommywoes Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I wish I could help you and give you a definitive answer but it's hard to tell. Do you have the same breed to compare them against?

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yep, all boys.

4. mommywoes

mommywoes Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Quote:I only ask because I don't remember what my Black aust. looked like at that age, and I purchased a hen just like the other without knowing if she was hen and that's how she looks.

5. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Pic 1 - boy
    Pic 2 - boy
    Pic 3 - boy on the left, girl on the right
    Pic 4 - boy in front, girl in back
    Pic 5 - boy
    Pic 6 - boy
    Pic 7 - girl on the left, boy on the right

6. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:I agree. I think they are all boys.

7. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Quote:No, they was pretty much all mixed up. I think the black pullet in the last picture is either a black sex link or maybe another black australorp. I wish I could get better pics. But this chickens really do not like to stay still for me. lol..of course what chicken does. I'm pretty sure the black pullet and the one I am thinking is rooster looked very similar when chicks. But I'm not sure if they both australorps or not.

8. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I can see the saddle feathers coming in on the first one. So that one is definitely a roo. Can you get better pics of the saddle area (right in front of the tail) for the other two? From the top would be best. The other two look rooish to me as well and I think I see saddle feathers coming in on the last one but I'm not positive. The saddle feathers on most roos will be long, skinny, and pointed.

9. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Quote:The pictures I got of the first two are probably about the best I'm going to get. I can try again. They like to run from me. But I will see what I can do.

Sorry- I misread your post. I will try get better pictures of the other two, I thought you meant the first two.

10. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    I added few more pics hope they are better. [​IMG]

Roscoe with Sam another rooster
    [​IMG]

Can you see any saddle feathers?
    [​IMG]

Jett
    [​IMG]