I need help....couple things I am looking for but want the best for $

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Jun 4, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    There are a few things but I can only remember 2 right now.

One is a pair of sheers....I have a long haired dog we shave every spring. I do have goats and I want them to work on both. Sheep too. I tried using hair shaver for people and it took two sessions of 2 hours each time and I only got half way done. This was on my dog and she is a small weiner dog.

The other thing is a food processor. I went to bed bath and beyond the other day and they did not have one under $100. The Cheapest one was at $100 and was plain boring looking.

I was wondering what you have or recommend. What would be my best brand device for my money?

Thank you in advance!

2. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Food processor.
    I hate walmart. But one year a family member got me a black & decker food processor. From WalMart. I think it was about $50 but I like it and use it at least twice a week. Sometimes just for chopping boiled eggs for the chickens [​IMG]

3. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Can't help with the food processer, but the shears:

SHEARMASTER... [​IMG] variable speed runs about $300 at jeffervetsupply.com with free shipping.

At work, we can shear an adult llama in 20 minutes with these shears! We also use them on big dogs, dwarf ponies, & sheep.

$300 seems like alot, but when you have big jobs...it's well worth the expense to be done quickly!!

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Shears, don't know.
    Food Processor, I got a Black and Decker for a wedding gift 25 years ago. We still use it all the time.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  5. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
  6. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Quote:Thats what my mom needs! We go through like 2 or 3 of them a year! [​IMG] She just gave up on one today. Are they are still being made, and where?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  7. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Quote:Not being nosy or anything or trying to steal the thread but.....WHERE do you work that you are experianced in shearing all of these animals? [​IMG] I mean WOW!

8. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Quote:Not being nosy or anything or trying to steal the thread but.....WHERE do you work that you are experianced in shearing all of these animals? [​IMG] I mean WOW!

I'm the vet tech for a safari park...lots of hairy critters in the kid's petting zoo! [​IMG]

9. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    I would definitely spend some money on a GOOD pair of shears.
    I was a dog groomer for quite a while and it is well worth the money to buy a good pair.
    Make sure you have someone lined up that can sharpen your blades for a fair price... you will need it!!!

Can't necessarily recommend a good brand because I don't do sheep, but I would get some that were labeled for sheep use.

Good luck.

Food Processor???? don't have one.

Edited: JBWholesale is a good place to look in addition to Jeffers

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  10. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:Thats what my mom needs! We go through like 2 or 3 of them a year! [​IMG] She just gave up on one today. Are they are still being made, and where?

As far as I know, they are everywhere. Even Walmart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by