I need help !!!! First time hatching please help!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SusanJK, Mar 7, 2015.

1. SusanJK

SusanJK New Egg

Mar 4, 2015
    Texas
    I am hatching duck eggs and need some help I have one egg I candled it and the air cell is about half way down the egg and I can see it moving around like crazy even above air cell. Should I do something or wait there is no pep. If I should how long should I wait and then what should I do please help me. They are Muscovy eggs.

2. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    How far along is this egg? Is it about time to hatch? Are you saying it's internally pipped (being inside the air cell)? If so, it typically takes about 24 hours for them to externally pip after internally pipping (moving into the air cell inside the egg).

3. SusanJK

SusanJK New Egg

Mar 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yes I am saying it pepped inside the air cell. Here was the deal I am not sure about when they are due. Had a man that said if I did not take the hen and the eggs he was going to run her off and through the eggs into the woods to get them away from where she was setting so took both but she wanted nothing to do with the eggs then so rush them into the incubator and they have been in the incubator for about 3 weeks here at my house but do not know how long she had been setting them.

4. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    Ok, well kudos to you for saving mom and eggs! :)

Just be patient and I'm sure you'll see some external pips soon if that one is already in the air cell. Just make sure your humidity is up in the incubator (makes it easier for them to hatch) and sit on your hands. Let the magic happen. ;)

5. SusanJK

SusanJK New Egg

Mar 4, 2015
    Texas
    how high should the humidity be and thank you for the advice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by