1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need help identifying some banties :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by onwingsofdragons, Aug 7, 2011.

1. onwingsofdragons

onwingsofdragons Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    North Texas
    I got some banty hens yesterday that are half the size of my 5 month old ameraucana pullet. They are supposed to be 12 months old. I am decent for a beginner at IDing standards, but I know nothing about banties! I think one may be a wyandotte, and one possibly a black japanese, but other than that I'm completely lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]
    Black Japanese? Pic 1
    [​IMG]

Group 1 possibly wyandotte far right? Pic 2
    [​IMG]

No clue but adorable and very expressive: Pic 3
    [​IMG]

Pic 4
    [​IMG]

With my 5 month old Ameraucana(?) Pic 5
    [​IMG]

Another group shot Pic 6
    [​IMG]

2. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    the 3 little bantam hens (bottom pic right corner) look like Old English games to me.
    I love Old english games :] first chickens i ever had.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  3. onwingsofdragons

onwingsofdragons Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    North Texas
    Which ones? All of them?

4. foxypoproxy

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    Im not sure about the 1 black and the 1 white chickens on the bottom pic left corner though

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  5. foxypoproxy

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    This is an old English game hen: http://www.omlet.co.uk/images/originals/OEG_duckw_f_600.gif
    They
    come in a variety of colors and patterns but they always look like little emu's.
    They are tiny bantams, long legs, long skinny neck, tiny tiny comb unless its a roo.
    The roosters can be pretty aggressive but the females are very friendly and lay good eggs.

6. spiritdance

spiritdance Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    the black and whites with the blue legs look like they could have some sebright in them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by