I NEED HELP KNOWING IF MY EGGS ARE BAD..........

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by trailblazn, Feb 10, 2012.

1. trailblazn

trailblazn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Ok I'm on day 10 Incubation and I think all my 10 eggs are no good.

I tried candling them. All I seen was quarter size black spot and when I turned the egg to look and the other side the black spot moves around......what does that mean????

I am hoping I can't see any veins because they are brown eggs. I'm thinking they are no good.

HELP ANYONE!!!!

2. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    That sounds pretty normal. However, I have bo experience, I have only researched on the internet, so I could be wrong. Are you able to post pictures?

3. N.WChickenGuy

N.WChickenGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Washington
    In my experience what your seeing is the chick moving around. I would not rush to toss them just be patient and check in a week or so also check your air cell is developing properly if it fails to grow then chances are they are duds. Brown eggs can be real hard to figure I take the slackers way out and candle before they go in and again at day 14 to weed out the clears and quitters. then I butt out until lock down. good luck with your hatch my next hatch is due the 17Th

4. trailblazn

Jan 30, 2012
    Thanks for your help. I couldn't help myself and open one up this morning, guess what I found,,,,,,,,, READY????

An EGG!!!! Boohoo,

Maybe it wasn't fertile? I don't know, but I guess I'm going to open the others today. So sad my first batch didn't turn out.

On the positive side, I bought a fully loaded incubator from a guy behind me. So it is hova-bator with egg turner, fan, digital thermometer and he gave me 12 fertile Meran eggs. So I have had those in for two days, let's hope something hatches out of thosse.

GOOSH, trying again.

5. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    I think you should leave them for a few more days. Don't give up hope completely.

6. trailblazn

Jan 30, 2012
    All the eggs we're no good. I opened them all up and they were just eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by