I need help locating a breeder

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by herechickchick, May 22, 2008.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I am trying to get in touch with Kelly Cratty. He has the most beautiful Barnevelders and I was wanting to inquire about hatching eggs. I did find an email address but it came back as undeliverable.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Kelly Cratty,as I understand,is no longer in business. Apparently he had personal and health problems,both severe. That's too bad because he did have wonderful stock.

3. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Oh that is terrible, I am so sorry to hear that.

Thanks Gina

4. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I was supposed to get chicks from him last year and never could contact him again. I found out a few weeks ago about hs problems,so now I understand. I do have some chicks that I hatched out of eggs belonging to someone who has some birds from his line. I guess that's as close as I'll be able to get to his line.

I have several little cockerills and would be willing to part with 1 or 2 if you are interested. They are about 2 months old. I am near Jackson, about 85 miles East of you.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  5. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Gina, Thank you but I only have room for one rooster and Mr. Cornelius is here to stay. Do you think you may breed them
    ? If so I would love some eggs. There is a lady selling on E-bay that has great birds and they are from his lines so I may try to snag a DZ or so from her.

Thanks Adam

6. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    That's my plan,Adam. I got 2 pullets and 7 roos out of the hatch,just my luck. They look good though and I did need a few good roos. They are all feather shank.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by