I need help pls

Youngxq

Chirping
Aug 6, 2018
My pullet sits on her eggs all night and always ignore the next by daybrake ...she has about 17 eggs...this has been going on for more than a week now...she lays twize a week since the eggs reached 12 and never want to go broody...buy behavs to be broody at night fall..sitting on the eggs all night

Greetings Youngxq,

If your hen is not sitting on the eggs during the day, they will not hatch. A good broody hen will leave the nest to eat, poop, and dust bathe, but they aren't gone too long. They will return to the eggs to keep them warm.

You may as well, remove the eggs if she isn't sitting on them during the day. They probably have not developed.

She is inexperienced, or maybe just not meant to be a good mama hen. :(

These are my thoughts on your issue.

God Bless :)

I would take the eggs. If you have a roo then there is chance of fertilization and will have to candle the eggs to see what is inside. If no roos, no need to candle just take the eggs. They will not be any good if you keep letting her keep them. She is not sitting on them anyway. Go out in day when she leaves the nest and take them.

She

She never sits on them at day only night
Then she is not broody. They're not developing if she's not on them day and night. I would remove eggs before they rot and start to stink. Rooster or not, just get rid of them. Remove them during the day when she's not on them and she won't make noises at you. For some reason she is choosing to sleep in the nest box. My guess is there isn't enough room on the roost.

I
She's not broody. What is the size of your coop? How long are the roosting poles? How many birds do you have? For some reason she is choosing to sleep in the nest box instead of on the roost.
I have 5 pullet 1 is already broody for like 10 days now.other 2 are laying

Last edited:
Greetings Youngxq,

If your hen is not sitting on the eggs during the day, they will not hatch. A good broody hen will leave the nest to eat, poop, and dust bathe, but they aren't gone too long. They will return to the eggs to keep them warm.

You may as well, remove the eggs if she isn't sitting on them during the day. They probably have not developed.

She is inexperienced, or maybe just not meant to be a good mama hen. :(

These are my thoughts on your issue.

God Bless :)
She makes same broody noise when I try to take her off the eggs

Back
Top Bottom