I need Help putting my pics onto a DVD disc!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bantymum, Jun 23, 2007.

1. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all,
    I just thought i would ask because I have windows XP and I would love to put my pics onto a DVD disc so I can have a slideshow on my TV.
    My son went on an excursion to Sydney and has all these pics.
    I have kodak easyshare but having probs.
    I tried to download mydvdslideshow but looks like it will take hours!!! for free trial download,
    has anyone got any ballpark suggestions?
    I dont have anyone at home to ask as they always ask me for tech advice!!!
    I dont have an XP manual to read either.
    Help pleeeese!

2. bantymum

I dont expect to gain really lengthy tech support here, I just need to know maybe a name of a download or windows program that I could look at!!
    Then I can put my chickies on the dvd too!!!

3. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi there Bantymum, I'm of no help but hang in there, someone will come along to help ya I'm sure.
    I don't even know how to burn DVD either, you're not alone. [​IMG]
    Miriam

4. bantymum

I went into a office supply supermarket today and found a program especially for this purpose. Its $49, so Ill wait till I can afford it!
    Thanks anyway!

5. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    Have you tried the old copy and paste technique? Just highlight the files you want to send to the burner, then right click and hit copy. Go to the driver that you can burn on, and right click and hit paste. Depending on the version of windows you have, the option to burn to DVD will come up on the side, or you may have to right click on the folers to find it, or possibly even look under the File option on top.

Im no expert, but thats how I usually do it. Maybe someone else can chime in and offer more advice. Good luck!

Shannon

6. bantymum

Thankyou Sharon Ill have a try shortly, Im on XPme.

7. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    I would try to open the pic's and then "save as" and save them to the disc in the drive. (I'm not sure if its D drive or what) just put a disc in and then when you save as, you can browse till you find it.
    Good Luck

8. bantymum

Thanks Ill try it again! must be the disc I was using, ive bought another disc"dvd+R" to try!
    and Ive got 2 disc drives for the first time in my life, but excuse my ignorance, which drive do I put the disc into the top 1 or bottom 1???[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  9. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    On my computer its the top one!

Good luck .... you'll figure it out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by