Kenniem37

In the Brooder
May 4, 2018
Arizona
50D5F12C-AF0B-45B9-9B3F-60A7F7463640.jpeg
00A79250-45C4-44CB-8A20-74BE7E798CC9.jpeg
9A805E8E-E3BC-40B4-8E44-84E9E004417A.jpeg
85D8E9D7-B588-428B-87A2-35620382008E.jpeg
Hi everyone!! I’m a brand new chicken owner and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if one of my birds is a female or male. I got it as a chick and they said it was a Golden Laced Wyandotte. I know it could still surprise us but I was recently injured by a “female” that over night became an aggressive male so we are trying to avoid that from happening again. Thank you everyone!!

View attachment 1416277 View attachment 1416278 View attachment 1416279 View attachment 1416280 Hi everyone!! I’m a brand new chicken owner and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if one of my birds is a female or male. I got it as a chick and they said it was a Golden Laced Wyandotte. I know it could still surprise us but I was recently injured by a “female” that over night became an aggressive male so we are trying to avoid that from happening again. Thank you everyone!!

I have a group of gold laced wyandottes that i raised from chicks. The males were had thicker leggs, Redder combs, Bigger combs and they had a darker golden colour.

By the look of those chicks i think the owner meant a cross breed or something because thats no pure breed Glw. It has the wrong comb, they should have rose combs.

And judging by my experience they look more like girls to me. I might be wrong but i judged by the colour of the combs.

I have a group of gold laced wyandottes that i raised from chicks. The males were had thicker leggs, Redder combs, Bigger combs and they had a darker golden colour.

By the look of those chicks i think the owner meant a cross breed or something because thats no pure breed Glw. It has the wrong comb, they should have rose combs.

And judging by my experience they look more like girls to me. I might be wrong but i judged by the colour of the combs.

I’ve read in multiple places that some hatchery GLW have single combs, although I have not experienced this.

Back
Top Bottom