I need help w/ coop plans

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by havi, Apr 17, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Okay, I'm starting all over with my coop plans. [​IMG] What are some sites that give blueprints for chicken coops? Im not sure what I want so maybe if I look at different plans I can come up with something I will LOVE! I dont really care about the outside so much, its more of where to place what and have easy access to everything.

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Have you checked BYC coop pages??

3. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:I have, but for the most part all the photos are from the outside view. With only a few of the layout of the inside. I need something that will be able to have two doors, one to the coop and then one to the run. Plus have nest, roost and whatever else needs to have. I will have 6 large hens.

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    When we wanted to build, it was really hard to find coop plans. There is just too many possiblilities. We finally settled on a shed and altered it to fit our needs. Have double door in, pop door to run and a door in the run. Once you build what size you need, then just sit down and figure out where things will fit. With just 6 hens, you don't need it too big, but then again, plan for the future and make it bigger, cuz if you are any thing like the rest of us, you'll get more chickens and need a bigger coop [​IMG]

5. pdpatch

pdpatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Hastings, Nebraska
    I found once site that has a lot of different plans.

http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/poultryplans.htm

Mother earth news web site had a couple of plans on there site. as well as several other site that I don't have bookmarked.

It's all been very help full

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by