I Need Help, What Would You Do??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Break an Egg, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Earlier today, I was going for a walk with my kids and we walked by a house that I knew had a rooster in the yard. I used to have 10+ hens and roosters in my yard but the city told me to get rid of them all and long story short, they let me keep 3 hens.

Anywho, I pointed out to my kids that they had a rooster, and they went behind their house to get a better look. My kids started yelling that they had a bunch of roosters there, so I had to go look.

Well the one rooster that I see sometimes was chained by his leg to the fence. They had probably about 5 more roosters and hens in cages 2 together, and the others were in cages by themselves.

They had no food and no water and I am pretty sure that they are used for bad business. They all looked like american game fowl.

I am really stuck on what to do.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    well..if they were chanined and had no feed and water...i would go back and check on them again...[​IMG]...see if they have any water or food yet...if not..call ASAP...

3. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Do you think that animal services would rehome them or kill them??

4. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    I would call and find out why they could have them and you can't ,that should take care of it all

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    either way..its better than fighting to death or starving...poor things..if thats what is happining!..at least they will die with no pain...know what i mean?...

6. Don

Don Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Oil City, PA
    If it were me, I would call post haste.

7. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:I raised a big fuss over them telling me to get rid of my chickens, when I told them about how many houses I know of they said they were all grandfathered. [​IMG]

I do think that I will call and see what they say. I totally want to be anonymous though, I don't want to raise any attention to mine. (they never gave me a permit but they were supposed to, but I think they just gave up and let me have my way)

8. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    thanks everyone for the help, I really hope the city can do something about them soon. If this would have happened a few years ago, all of them would be in my backyard right now, lol. I just hate when people are neglectful to animals.

9. friendlyearth

friendlyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    I would definitely make that call and hope they would let me report it anonymously.

10. friendlyearth

friendlyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Quote:I am going to miss that show SO much! I hope David Kelly's new one is as quirky.

Peggy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by