I need help with a chicken.

Ace_Smith

Hatching
Feb 5, 2022
I have a chicken I hatched and raised. She has always been smaller and a lot more friendly compared to her siblings. But about a month ago I noticed a yellow ring had formed around the skin of her eye. Since then she has become less active and lost weight I’m not sure what’s wrong with her. I really need help. She has been by her self and has been fine she eats but can’t keep the wait on and is still her friendly self but the yellow ring still hasn’t gone away. She is almost a year old I’ve had chickens for two years and non have had this happen. I’m not sure what it is or if I need to do something. Can someone help me?

Oh nooo! I’m so sorry about her and I’ll be praying! sorry I don’t know
more about this ☹️

I do not know what's wrong with her, but when I have a sick chicken I always give them garlic water or garlic chunks, dewormer, Vetrx poultry aid, and colloidal silver.

Can you post a picture of her eye and face including her body? Does she have any bubbles or foam in the eye, or any signs of a respiratory infection? Is the skin anywhere else yellow in appearance?

I have a chicken I hatched and raised. She has always been smaller and a lot more friendly compared to her siblings. But about a month ago I noticed a yellow ring had formed around the skin of her eye. Since then she has become less active and lost weight I’m not sure what’s wrong with her. I really need help. She has been by her self and has been fine she eats but can’t keep the wait on and is still her friendly self but the yellow ring still hasn’t gone away. She is almost a year old I’ve had chickens for two years and non have had this happen. I’m not sure what it is or if I need to do something. Can someone help me?
She ended up growing out of it. :) She's just fine now and I plan on getting some chicks from her this year!

Back
Top Bottom