I need help with a friend situation!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Jan 6, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Ok, I will see if I can make sense with this. I have a tendency to ramble! My boys are both in Cub Scouts and we sold popcorn this year. One of the customers is a friend. The Leader called me last night and asked me if I knew this person because their check bounced. I said yes and that she was my friend. I told the Leader to call the bank in the morning to make sure the check didn't go through the second time and call me to let me know. She did and the check didn't go through.

I have been racking my brain since last night trying to figure out the best way to handle this with my friend. I know this isn't the first time she has done this. The leader asked me if I would rather have her call my friend to get it straightened out and I told her yes and gave her my friend's phone number.

Did I do the right thing? I hate being put in the middle of stuff like this. If I knew this was an isolated incident then that would be a different story. I called my husband and he said I should call my friend and tell her that the Leader is going to get in touch with her, but then my friend will know and not answer the phone. It isn't fair to the Cub Scouts that they should lose out $50 because of this. I am just confused on the best way to handle this.

2. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I would let the leader deal with it.

3. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I agree, the leader should handle it.

4. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    I think you did the right thing by not getting in the middle , But I wouldn't offer her anything else for sale

5. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    I think you did exactly the right thing to let the troop leader handle it. I would say definitely not to get in the middle of it if you want to keep your friend. I wouldn't say anything about it at all unless they bring it up. And don't sell stuff to them anymore:rolleyes:.

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:Me too, friends and money don't mix.

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I'd let the leader handle it. That way you aren't in the middle of the situation. Also if you call her she might get embarrassed or defensive. Play dumb.

8. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    I would let the leader handle this for sure unless you were part of the original transaction then you may want to approach your friend about the probem.

9. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    That is what I was thinking, but the only way the Leader could get her number is through me. I guess I feel like I betrayed her in someway. At least, she may look at it like that. She is very sensitive.

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    wasn't her phone # on her check?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by