I NEED HELP WITH AN EGG

It looks like you opened it up too early. It hasn't even internally pipped yet. What kind of egg is it? Did you artificially incubate it and if so, did you use at least one additional calibrated thermometer to check the temp?
The best thing for him would be to run your incubator at high humidity, around 70%. And tape over the hole with any kind of tape. Unfortunately too much intervention has been made already at this point and he probably won't make it.
Never ever open up an egg that hasn't internally pipped yet. The chances of it surviving are astronomically low, and the chances of it dying from being opened too early are way higher than it dying from being malpositioned or whatever.
You never know though, best of luck with your egg. I just wanted to prepare you for if it doesn't make it.
I probably did it a tad early but he was so weak and not moving I got worried

He’s almost hatched. He was very weak and the membrane had completely shrink wrapped on him. I highly doubt he would have made it if I didn’t open it and keep it moist. My incubator has had problems this season I had posted about it on my last post which is why this egg had shrink wrapped itself. I will be getting a new one this Black Friday :D I lost two eggs this season from it, the humidity was reading 50 when it was 25%. Baby is doing great though he will be hatching between tonight and tomorrow morning and will get pictures when he does ☺️
Is he peeping? Is he opening his eyes? Any other activity? If they don't at least externally pip on their own they're usually too weak to survive outside of the egg. They might live a day or two after being assisted, but they'll just lay in one place, never opening their eyes or moving. Then they die.
Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if he's not very active and vocal he is probably too weak. It didn't look like the membrane was shrink-wrapped from your photo, it's supposed to be white. How does it look now?

Is he peeping? Is he opening his eyes? Any other activity? If they don't at least externally pip on their own they're usually too weak to survive outside of the egg. They might live a day or two after being assisted, but they'll just lay in one place, never opening their eyes or moving. Then they die.
Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if he's not very active and vocal he is probably too weak. It didn't look like the membrane was shrink-wrapped from your photo, it's supposed to be white. How does it look now?
He’s very vocal now and moving around like a champ

Another update: apparently he was breached. He pipped at the wrong end and I failed to notice he was a breach this whole time

He’s here
29E9CFC5-2E71-404F-BCDC-1A1697998CB0.jpeg

Attachments

• 770791D3-983C-442E-8680-BF573886021C.jpeg
    770791D3-983C-442E-8680-BF573886021C.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom