I need help with Muscovy colors

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by harleyjo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Can someone please go through my photo bucket link and help me identify my Muscovy colors please? I have pictures that include my drake, my 3 moms, 8 week old babies and 3 week old babies. Here are some picture numbers to look at and feel free to mention any other ones. 11,12. 22,23.27,30,37. http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/harleyjo458/Muscovies Nov 2011/

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Just guessing here! But here it goes!

11. Blue White Head - Drakelet?
    12. Black Pied Drake (In the back), 2 White Head Chocolates, And a Blue Pied Drakelet in the middle.
    22. Blue White Head - Drakelet?, A Barred or Rippled at the water bowl.
    23. The same as picture 22, but with a Blue White Head Duck in the middle.
    27. Blue White Head, Blue Fawn, Chocolate, White, Barred or Rippled, and a Blue White head Duck in the middle right.
    30. Blue White Head Duck, Chocolate, White head Duck in the back, and a bunch of og so cute ducklings! ( [​IMG] )
    37. Barred or Rippled Duckling, Blue White head Duck, Blue Pied, Blue Fawn, Chocolate

No idea if those are right or not.. Where's Bleenie?? [​IMG]

3. harleyjo

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Thanks... I will wait for others too. I just love the colors I get from that Blue mom I have and the chocolate male. I am trying to pick one or two of the older babies that are females to keep. There is a really cute smaller in size brown one that I like. Then there are some more that are almost a peachie color and some that are barred. I just don't know which ones to pick out. I will be at about my limit for ducks to keep and I suppose I will have to get another drake for new bloodlines one of these days. If anyone can pick females out of the picture of the older babies I would love it.

I have a total of 14 babies at 3 to 4 weeks right now and 8 that are 2 months old. Need to sell about 20 of them.

4. harleyjo

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    On picture 37 the blue , white headed one is one of the moms and you can't tell by the pics but the big drake is chocolate. Now in 37 do you think any of those are female ducklings? Those are the some of the ones I am trying to choose from to keep. My mom's now are this white headed blue and then the other 2 are brown pied.

5. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    You have allot of chocolates. Those are easy.. they are brown. The ones I think you are in question about is the blue/fawns. Those go through allot of changes as they grow and in my opinion are just stunning. I have some that have the laced gene and are blue feathers with chocolate lace. Some with out lacing have the blue and brown in each feather. Either way.. that's what you gotz.

6. harleyjo

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Cool! I have just added some more pictures too so even if you have looked before, the first 14 pictures are new ones. On those I would love to know any guesses on sex on pic. 11, 12, & 13. I have some neat light colored barred ones and if I knew if they were female I would keep one of them too. I plan to keep 2 out of this group of 8 older ducklings. I have 14 more younger ones in the garage.

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/harleyjo458/Muscovies Nov 2011/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by