i need help with my gold sexlink

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by smiliefase11, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiliefase11

smiliefase11 In the Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    i have a gold sex link, but she has a muff and is very white and yellow. ive looked up plenty of pictures and all of the sex link hens are red with freckles. [​IMG]

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Gold sex link females should be mostly red with white under fluff, and they don't have muffs. Are you sure yours isn't an EE? What color are the legs?

3. smiliefase11

Mar 9, 2011
    i bought her with an ameracauna but it was obviously an ameracauna. Also the other sexlinks i have bought look the same as chicks solid yellow, but theyre getting red. i can try to post the url so you can see her. http://plixi.com/p/82869040 and http://plixi.com/p/82865277

4. Chickenfur

Chickenfur Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    On Earth :)
    Quote:definitely EE.

ETA: Or Ameracauna, I've never actually seen a Ameracauna before so idk. The legs are blue/green, if she was a gold sexlink her legs wouldn't be that color.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  5. smiliefase11

Mar 9, 2011
    i would agree if she wasnt solid yellow as a chick, becuase the only pix of EE chicks ive found that are solid yellow are silver ameraucana or lavender, or blue ameraucana. the ameraucana has a distinctive pattern. Ill also have a better idea when she starts laying. but shes the only gold sexlink i have that is yellow! shes very bossy. and dislikes all the other chickens, she prefers her dogs :] i also bought ameraucanas when i bought her and they were all the same almost. the gold sexlink pullets i have right now look perfectly like she did but of course they are getting red feathers.

6. smiliefase11

Mar 9, 2011
    any ameraucans like her?? i did buy her as a gold sex link lol, and ended up with a mystery pullet

7. Judy

Judy Crowing

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: