1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i need help with my serama...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by larps1234, Jan 15, 2013.

1. larps1234

larps1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    My Coop
    well, my little serama is about 5 weeks old, i just wanted to know when she will start laying eggs, and when she might go broody! i cant wait to get her eggs to sit on! i only have pullets. the question i also had is, when my serama does go broody? how long will she stay broody without eggs? thanks!

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    5 WEEKS????!? Ummm you are going to be doing some serious waiting, they don't lay eggs till they are 5-7 MONTHS old. AND you kinda sorta need a rooster to get fertile eggs.

3. larps1234

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    My Coop
    lol yah i know... [​IMG] i buy fertile eggs on ebay! thats wre see came from. charliesweb1k! my real quaestion was wheen do they start going broody and how long will they stay broody without eggs? thanks

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

Well, for the answer to that question you will have to talk to the BIG boss MOTHER NATURE because us mere mortals have NO clue as to when/where/how or why the go broody. Some do some don't , some are always broody, some NEVER go broody. Hope that answers your question.
    As a footnote, from what I have heard and read, silkies and cochins have a tendency to go broody alot. Seramas are hit or miss. I have 3 seramas that LOVE to go broody and 4 that NEVER go broody.

5. LOVEMYCHICKS03

LOVEMYCHICKS03 Chillin' With My Peeps

charliesweb1k is very good at what he does

6. larps1234

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    My Coop
    yeah! he really helped me with all my troubles. even if they were not about the eggs or birds he gave me.

7. LOVEMYCHICKS03

LOVEMYCHICKS03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have a youtube channel if you do what is it?!?!

8. larps1234

Nov 19, 2012
    Miami, Florida
    My Coop
    i dont[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by