1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need help with sexing my chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FarmerFaith, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerFaith

FarmerFaith Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2010
    Trinity NC
    So I am a beginner. I have my first Chickens, 4. All of them were supposed to be pullets. 2 of them are supposed to be Buff Orphington Bantams about 5 weeks old. The other two were supposed to be Black Sex Link and Rhode Island Red Bantams..according to Southern States that are now about 4 weeks old. The girl at S.S's showed me a way to sex them with the wings, according to that they would all be pullets.
    One of the 5 week old chicks no longer looks like a B.O but now a Rhode Island Red. The only one with any distinct look to me is the other 5 week old who is definitely a B.O.
    The other two feel like mystery Chickens. I am going to post a link to pictures of all 4 and any help on Breed and Sex would be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90971&id=1132125671&l=559a980b55 Sorry I haven't learned to post photos here yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by