1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need help with these assorted Bantams!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Red Barn Farms, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    I bought these assorted bantams from TSC yesterday and really do not know what breed they might be. Can anyone help? Sorry for the lousy image quality but I was using my digital camcorder for the screenshots and also the red heat bulbs didn't help. I named the chick in the second image 'bandit' because of the black 'mask' around the eyes.

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

All are clean legged bantams?? Gosh, I can't tell much from your pics. If clean legged, we can rule out silkies or cochins or d'uccles. And I don't see any sebrights. Do any have puffy cheeks? That would allow for bantam EE. OEGBs can look like just about any color...
    Sorry, I've been no help...lol. But at least I helped rule some OUT... [​IMG]

3. Red Barn Farms

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Thanks for your help!! I have noticed one had feather running down the legs and I'm thinking I have a Mille Fleur d'Uccle! I think your right the others are oegb's.

4. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    What kind of combs do they all have? That would help a lot.

5. Red Barn Farms

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Here is one I'm wondering if it's a d'uccle, brahma? Or?

6. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    No fluffy cheeks so rule out d'uccle's. Could be a partridge cochin or brahma.

7. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    The first chick on the left might be an old english bb red. The black colored one a rosecomb or black old english. the lightest colored one might be a seabright.

8. Red Barn Farms

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    thanks lilchick Now I'm thinking maybe brahma too. I'm all new to this so it's fun trying to figure out what i do have. My wife picked up four chicks from the assorted brahma's at TSC this past week. She also bought 6 buff orpingtons which are older and now getting their wings.

9. Red Barn Farms

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    opps, make that My wife picked up four chicks from the assorted bantams, not brahmas!

10. Red Barn Farms

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    baby bantam # 2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by