I need help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ecechowski, Jun 17, 2016.

1. ecechowski

ecechowski Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2016
    Illinois
    I am trying to hatch Cayuga ducks and I am on day 29 one of my 3 eggs has cracked the shell about 48 hours ago and the other have no cracks. First question is the crack egg going to make it. I can hear it chirping and moving. Second question are the other two eggs going to hatch or how long should I give them

2. ecechowski

ecechowski Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2016
    Illinois
    I would also like to know if after day 25 should I havexpect laid egg on there side. I just unplug egg turn an left them standing up pointy side down

3. ecechowski

ecechowski Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2016
    Illinois
    [​IMG]

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
  5. ecechowski

ecechowski Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2016
    Illinois
    Ty Amiga didn't think anyone was going to answer

6. amynrichie

amynrichie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Nebraska Panhandle
    I have not hatched duck eggs, only chicken. I believe they should have been taken out of the turner. There is a risk of babies getting stuck in it. Check the hatching 101 article. I've read it several times and have learned a lot by doing that. Good luck!

7. Trifolium

Trifolium Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2016
    Los Angeles, California
    Few days before they are about to hatch, I put my eggs laying on the side and don't turn them anymore.

You should probably do the same.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  8. dotknott

dotknott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    Yep! Out of the turner and on the side is how I've always been told. On the other two eggs, candle them and look for internal pips or development. That's the only way to judge their likelyhood of hatching.

9. ecechowski

ecechowski Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2016
    Illinois
    OK I did lay all egg on there side yesterday. And still other 2 egg have no external pip. The one eggs has a hole in it now but my duckling still hasn't emerged. And ty all for your comments

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  10. ecechowski

ecechowski Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2016
    Illinois
    Okay I could wait no more so I help duck out of egg. It was stuck in position and couldn't turn. Now the doc is out and I'm wondering how long I should leave it in incubator cuz shell is still stuck to its backside[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by