I need help!!!

chickensrock12

Songster
8 Years
Sep 22, 2015
Utah
I've been going out to check on my chickens at night and I found one of them sleeping on the chicken wire. When I put it back on the roost. The other one pecks at her tell she gets down. I only have 2 and a big run for them to run around. They shouldn't be fighting. When we lived at our old house. Their roost was a board and they were pooping on it at night. So I took it off and put a stick in there to make them feel more safe and stop pooping on the wood. At the old house I would find them sleeping under each other. Is there a problem with the sticks?

Last edited:
Oh yea, one more thing. Should I get a board again to keep them warmer. I think if I do that they will get along. Would that work?

Last edited:
Pooping on the roost board is why they make scrapers! If they r crowded, they will peck to get a lower pecking order girl away from them. Its possible you need a longer roost board or a stacked arrangement of more roosts for them. A stick is generally not suitable for roosting on unless its at least 1.5 or 2 inches thick. Again, pooping on a roost board is normal.

Back
Top Bottom