I need help!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Berynn, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    for a few days I had my two new ee's locked in a small chicken tractor inside my coop for the other pullets to get used too. several times a day we would go out and let them out for exercise and interaction, Jezabell will be one in july, the others were born in october. Jezzy keeps pecking at the EE's that will be one in february. I can't watch that, and I don't know how much pecking I should let go on.

This is what I did.

I let the EE's out of the tractor and put Jezzy in, is that o.k. Or did I make things worse when I let jezzy out?

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Are the new ones getting along with everyone else? If so, what you did should be fine. Keep Jezzy in the chicken tractor so the new ones can settle into the pecking order and then let Jezzy back out. She will then be the "new one" and hopefully will be less likely to pick on the new ones.

3. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    It is hard for me to watch them fight for seniority, especially because I don't know when to make them stop. As soon I I separated them all was fine. Jezabell has always been my problem child. I love her and will stick by her, but she's a witch and a half.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by