I need help

HeMcgill

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 20, 2013
I have a little Bantam Rooster who is the best rooster ever and a month ago he started limping after doing some research I thought it was bumble foot Bc his left foot was hot swollen and looked like it had some infection but there was never a black scab or anywhere to see where to do the surgery. So He was getting worse and I went ahead and used a needle to poke a few spots and found some clear liquid in between his toes anyway cleaned this out and cleaned the other spots I had poked. I have him a shot of pennicliion G an wrapped the foot -- went to check the foot and unwrap it two days later and it was looking good. So I cleaned it and left it in wrapped. Gave him another shot just in case infection arises. He is separated and has been a since I started all this, however this last two weeks the foot has gotten worse and one of his toes is starting to turn black. A few days ago I cleaned off al the scab and tried to get as much puss out as I could it bled a lot. Anyway it's now started to stink and I have cleaned it and now two toes look like they are turning black. I have him another shot today an plan to do that for four days. The whole middle toe looks really infected. Three different times I have pulled the scabs off well it kinds looks like his skin is coming off but I pulled all that off and cleaned it. Now I am wondering if that is what I should have done the foot looks like it needs to drain. But no puss comes out. I really love this little guy and don't wanna put him down but I also feel like I am not helping him. I really don't think it was bumble foot Bc I couldn't fine any wound or Core inside. The good news is that he eats and drinks -- he hobbles over to his containers which is sad to watch, but at least he is eating also something else I noticed this last week he has started to get him personality back he is getting mad when I have to pick him up and has started putting up more of a fight. His little foot just looks like it's not healing and with the smell I just wonder what I did wrong and can I fix it. The pics r of the bad foot and I took a pic of his good foot to compare, I also took a pic of his comb and face to see what y'all think. He has also lost feathers on his breast bone I am hoping that's from laying so much-- any help is appreciated, am I doing the right thing ? Should I pull the skin/scabs off and try to clean it deeper and should I keep it wrapped or not? It's been draining clear brown liquid so I haven't bandaged it in awhile

I am not sure if pics r uploading I am doing it right but I can email Bc I really need to know what to so

Is it cold where you are? Frostbite can cause swollen feet, which may become infected and/or die and fall off. Either that, or he does have some sort of infection. Unfortunately, if there is a bad smell and the foot is turning black, I don't think you can save the foot.

It has been cold but this started before it got real cold and I have kept him in the shop in a cage with heat lamp by himself, I wish I could get pics to post

Ok I went to desk top version and got pics to upload so what do u think

Is my post showing up can some one let me know I can see it and other post but wasn't sure if mine was showing up

Back
Top Bottom