I need info on raising meat birds

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by m.ruzycki, Dec 21, 2010.

1. m.ruzycki

m.ruzycki Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    jones/choctaw
    Im planning on raising cornish x's this spring and need to know what avenues i must take to be able to sell through a food co-op.

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    m.ruzycki :

Im planning on raising cornish x's this spring and need to know what avenues i must take to be able to sell through a food co-op.

you need to really research the meat bird threads in that section-everything you could possibly ask is answered there:) [​IMG]

3. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    also check with your state's department of health. they can give you some really applicable info and that way you'll know where you stand (legally speaking) right from the get-go.

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:you need to really research the meat bird threads in that section-everything you could possibly ask is answered there:) [​IMG]

takin' over for me huh?
    lol xoxoxox
    she's right and so is eko check with your state ag department for the reg's and then get on here and read and read and read. You're going to find more valuable info on here from beginners posting experiences to experts offering advice - the big difference from here & the books you find at the feed store with all the pretty pictures is that the people on here actually have chickens.
    If you want to see a great web site check out Jeff's at Brunty Farms, I think it is one of the nicest 7 most comprehensive ones I have seen.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:you need to really research the meat bird threads in that section-everything you could possibly ask is answered there:) [​IMG]

takin' over for me huh?
    lol xoxoxox
    she's right and so is eko check with your state ag department for the reg's and then get on here and read and read and read. You're going to find more valuable info on here from beginners posting experiences to experts offering advice - the big difference from here & the books you find at the feed store with all the pretty pictures is that the people on here actually have chickens.
    If you want to see a great web site check out Jeff's at Brunty Farms, I think it is one of the nicest 7 most comprehensive ones I have seen.

[​IMG] -not a chance Katy you are the Godess of the meat section [​IMG] I am not worthy!!! LOL OOOXXXXX

6. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    oh now I wish I was one of those people with all the little smilie thingies . . . I want the one blowing a raspberry!
    xoxoxo Merry Xmas!

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:[​IMG] Merry Xmas to you and happy New Year too!!!!! [​IMG]

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
  9. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    oh my gosh i thought you sent me a pic of a chicken! al will like those though [​IMG]

10. zachahhhlack65

zachahhhlack65 New Egg

Dec 27, 2010
    I also have a question to anyone who has informartion on the following.

I been researching to find a chicken that has the top quaility meat that you just cant beat. Im a foody and want to raise the best tasting chickens BUTTTT i also want those chickens to be able to breed to type. And iv found so many amazing meat birds like the REDBRO free ranger but they cant reproduce to the same type. So dose anybody out there know which bird thats best for me.Iv had egg layers and i rely just want " a bird thats known for top quality meat(good flavor/moist) BUT also i can reproduce with just a rooster and a hen and good old mother nature to breed together and get that same top quality meat in the chicks." Please help me out. I dont care if its a common breed or if its quite new i just want to know which breed that best fits my needs.
    Thanks zachary brown from florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by