I need "new job " inspiration.

duckyfromoz

Quackaholic
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Australia
I am trying to find a new job...And am thinking of doing something completely different from what I do now...But think it will be boring... So I am widening my scope- But dont know exactly how wide that scope really should be.

Have you ever had a job that was not mainstream?? Or just a very interesting job. I would love to hear about some of the different jobs people have had- The good the bad the ugly...and the downright strange...

The only job I've had was the sewer works of our house.
sickbyc.gif
But thankfully I haven't needed to do it again!

The Good
It taught me how to connect pipes and work with wretch's and those stuff
I worked alongside my father, which was better than doing it by myself.

The Bad
When we had an explosion.....

The Down right strange
Our neighbour thought we were sleeping, so did want to disturb
rant.gif

My are your intrests?
What are you looking for in a job?
Are you K. to get your hands dirty?
Would you work inside or out?
Would you perfer the computer or the garden?

Such questions are important when looking for a job that you enjoy. Remeber that if you don't enjoy something then you won't do your best in it. I don't suggest you do sewer works, even if it's for maintance. I felt like this ----------->
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

I am just wanting to hear about anecdotes of others expereinces so I will start to think about jobs that I wouldnt know exist - or have never even considered as a possibilty. I have worked in warehousing and engineering for many years- and want to try something completely different.

I am certainly not afraid of getting dirty...I too have had my fair share of dirty jobs... I have considered the possibilty of starting my own business and working my own hours.

I was talking to my friend whos brother had started up his own transportable dog wash...... he said once he got a good reputation he was actually earning good money.....

Sounded strange but could alwasy be a backup option....... (who know - people may pay for u to wash their ducks - haha XD )

I never would have even considered my job if it weren't for my hubby. Being a 911 dispatcher can be very rewarding. I love what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything, even when something doesn't go right, I still know I tried my best to help someone.

I know a lot of places are having a shortage of dispatchers, so maybe look into that.

Ok...So I would never have considered sewer digger, dog groomer or 911 dispatcher.. ( over here its 000 you call for emergencies.. )

I was thinking about finding out about jobs at an airport in customs..that could get interesting too..

I was a correctional officer - 6 and a half of those years outside, horseback,gun toting working a squad of 30 offenders in the prison garden, flatweeding and underbrushing.

I was a Ranch Manager on a 13,000 acre working cattle ranch. Cow/calf operation. caring for cows and horses. All involved with fencing building and repair. Driving VERY large tractors.
Pulling calves....emergency care...Preventative vaccinations....Oh, I am a woman
big_smile.png
. I'm still tired.

Micah

Quote:
Im not surprised...I think I can rule out any kind of heavy farm work..Part of the reason for changing jobs is to be doing lighter work- as I am getting older. I still have plenty of good years in me yet though....

A friend told me of some job advertised in prisons here a few years ago...I did look into it..but decided against it as my daughter was very young at the time... Maybe that is worth looking into again...

Back
Top Bottom