I need pics of buff and welsh harlequin ducks!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ilovemyduckies, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    So, I have a little duckling, and I am trying to figure out her breed. My guess is either welsh harlequin or buff duck. I want pictures to try an compare them. If you have any, try and post them as ducklings please! If not, I love pictures so you can post them at any age. :D

2. Ilovemyduckies

Feb 21, 2012
    Oh yeah, and here is my duckling if you have any guess on what the breed is.
    [​IMG]
    When I first got her, I thought she was a welsh harlequin. Then, I asked on here and someone said she might be a buff duck. I found pictures and thought that she looked a little more like that. Now, I am not sure again because I was looking at picture of them as adult, and I noticed that the female welsh harlequins have black bills. I was kinda wondering if that's what she was because her beak is turning a purplish/black. I don't know if that means any thing but I was just wondering :D

3. lcammack

lcammack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    We have a four day old welsh and it does not look anything like that one. It has a dark head and dark feet with a kind of orange/yellow color around the neck and then is kind of grey/yellow on the back. I would check on the metzers website, they have pics of ducklings under the breed descriptions. Hope this helps and good luck!

4. Ilovemyduckies

Feb 21, 2012
    Well she has changed a lot since she was a duckling. She did have a gray head but she doesn't as much any more:

[​IMG]
    That picture was taken the day we got her.

5. Ilovemyduckies

Feb 21, 2012
    I've checked on several different websites and the ducklings looked really similar to what she looked like then.

6. Ilovemyduckies

Feb 21, 2012
    She's got white feathers growing on her tail so I highly doubt she is a buff duck. I saw a picture today of a welsh harlequin that was fully feathered and white, then got more coloring later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by