i need pictures of eggs!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mom wewantchicks!, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    im trying to figure out who is laying what around here!! i dont have time to sit around and see who is going in to lay so i figured you all might be able to help. i am getting light brown eggs,a dark brown egg and a speckled egg. i have 2 ba, 2 golden comets a br and a mystery sexlink. when ever i try to find specific pictures of eggs,all i come up with is eggs for sell!! i really have no other reason for this except i would like to know!! thanks in advance!!

2. barred rock

barred rock Out Of The Brooder

i know for a fact that your speckled egg is from your br because i watched mine lay a speckled one today

3. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    The BAs lay a light brown egg. My BA just started laying on saturday and hers is a light brown. Hope that helps. How dark is dark brown to you? Try looking through the first egg thread at the top of the page. All egg pictures of all breeds.

4. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    well i had figured my light brown eggs where from my ba,they started laying first. then because i was only getting 1 dark egg and had 1 br i thought it was from her. but then i saw the golden comet getting off the nest,leaving a dark brown egg.i have 2 golden comets,and they are the same age,but i think one has yet to lay. she was attacked by a dog,would that make her not lay for awhile. she wasnt laying yet when it happened and it has been,6 or 7 weeks. i have six hens and get 3-4 eggs a day. we are just curious to see who is the best layer.

5. dospuercos

dospuercos Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2008
    Lehi, UT
    I didn't think that you could tell which breed of chicken lays what egg. My one RIR lays a medium brown egg with darker brown specks in it. That's why my little boy decided to call her Cinnamon. It looks like she sprinkles cinnamon on her eggs. But my other RIR lays a beautiful light brown egg with a satiny sheen on it. It is also more of a fat oval shaped egg than my others. My Buff Orpington lays a light brown egg with a flat sheen to it & sometimes it has white speckles in it. My Barred Rock lays a light brown egg & my Golden-laced wyandotte lays the same colored egg as my second RIR with the same satiny sheen but it is longer. Sometimes it is difficult to tell whether the egg is my Buff's, my Barred Rock's or my Golden-laced Wyandottes because on some days they all look the same.

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Let me get some pics of golden comet eggs for you. All of mine are gc's so it's easy to know!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    There is no telling, even if you have all the same type of chicken you can have varying shades and shapes depends on each individual chicken, though some are more prone Marans/Welsomer for example usually lay a dark egg, but that doesnt mean your gauranteed a Chocolate colored egg from them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by