1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*I need pictures of everyones chicken tractors!!!*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SoccerMomof7, Feb 9, 2009.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Okay I need pictures of everyones tractor, I think I have convinced my DH to build me one but he has no idea of what I am talking about to get an idea. I am not wanting to spend alot on it but want it to look nice. I figured I can use the girls to weed my garden before planting it. Please let me see your designs!!!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  3. J&KV

J&KV Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    West Georgia
    Here's some pictures of our chicken tractor. I've not added the wheels to it yet for it to be mobile. I also will need to add hardware cloth around the run to make it more predator proof. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

4. backyardchickenfarmer

backyardchickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    i didnt make this for a tractor but if you put wheels on it i guess its portable [​IMG]

[​IMG]

its not the whole thing with the run, but the demensions are as followed, the house part is 4x4 square, and the run is 4 foot high, 4 foot high, and 8 foot long. check out my little update on this page to see more details.

5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

6. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    This is great all of them, more ideas welcome!!! Thanks Everyone, and I will check out that section I looked up tractors and didn't get any ideas that I liked!

7. kycklingar!

kycklingar! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2009
    Linköping, Sweden
  8. ozzie

ozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    Patti Moreno teaches you how to build a chicken tractor really simply

Can you tell me how you find the flat tarp roof? I saw how she made hers and always wondered if there was a drainage issue with water pooling on top after rain?

thanks
    ozzie​

9. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    y would you wnat a chicken tractor ??? im new dont laugh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by