I need serious advice here with a tumor found in my cat *gross video/*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by redhen, Jan 7, 2010.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hi, We brought Giblet (Gibby) to be spayed today at the shelter. Didnt go so well.. [​IMG]
    First they call me and say she has a level 2 heart murmer... and do i still want to go through with the surgery? THey explained that a they have different levels for heart murmers.. 1 through 6.
    And that the vet would be willing to do the surgery because it was only a level 2 murmer...but there was still a risk involved. I told them yes, to go through with the surgery because she is spraying EVERYWHERE in my house and we are at our witts end with her..So this spaying is basically our last ditch effort to keep/save her.
    So...they do the surgery...
    after the surgery they call me, they said 2 more strange/bad things were found...
    1: was that she only had one uterus horn and ovary. Kinda weird..but not horrible...
    2: they found a HUGE tumor inside her abdomen cavity. It wasnt attached to any of her organs...it was just attached by this one fatty string thing to her. So the vet took it out and cut into it and it had brownish fluid in it..?
    Since this isnt my regular vet they gave me the tumor.. [​IMG] to bring to my vets to get a biospy. (like $170 ) THey told me they have no clue what it is..if its cancer or not...
    I am praying that its not cancer..because we can not afford cancer treatment for her. She would have to be put down or let to live until i see that shes in pain and needs to be put out of pain.
    So my question to you guys is,.. has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Does it look like a cancerous tumor? Does she have any hope? Thanks

Here she is with her son..he still tries to nurse like a kitten and hes like 2 yrs old! [​IMG].. These 2 are so so close..if he cant see her he calls out to her.. and visa versa..and he'll come running to her and she'll do her mommy cleaning on him and hell purr and try to nurse.. [​IMG] .. I hope so much that he dosent lose her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the tumor..

VIDEO

[​IMG]

pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Well I do have to say that is very interesting. I've never had a vet send something to another vet through the customer and with no control over the environment! Ask your vet if you can make payments on the biopsy. It looks like an organ to me, I'd love to know what they it is. If your cat wasn't showing signs of discomfort with something that large in her I imagine she'll be ok for quite some time on her own. The tumors I've see that were cancerous had dark markings and obvious bad places on them. Just for a comparison that thing looks like a piece of a healthy kidney in color and substance.

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:That's what I was thinking - looks like chicken liver or somethin [​IMG]
    Weird.

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    It does look like an organ. Like a liver or kidney.

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I know..it does look like liver inside of it! I was gonna say that also!
    See, this is the thhing..i took her to the shelter to get fixed..$60...
    thats all they do...
    they are a spay/neuter shelter//not a vets office.. know what i mean.. they DO NOT do animal care...only the spaying stuff...

so...when they found this they told me what to do with it...they wrote up a report for my vet on what they found..and gave it to me to give to them to send out for a biopsy... basically her care is up to me after the spay surgery..
    i thought they were kind enough to remove the tumor and give it to me to bring to my vets... and they didnt even charge me anything either.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:That's what my guess would have been too, like a kidney or something. [​IMG] I hope she does well for you. [​IMG] She is beautiful, and so is her son. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    its in ball-ish shape...not a flat liver shape...
    it had a brownish fluid in it (the report says)

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    in the first pic you can see the white fatty string type thingy that it was attached to her by...
    I dont wanna take it out of the liquid..its formaldhyde(sp?)

9. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:The brownish fluid could indicate a kidney.

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:The brownish fluid could indicate a kidney.

well jesus! I hope they didnt take out her flippin kidney!!!!! OMG

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by